Unique concept representing the future of urban mobility joins all-new 2016 Prius, RAV4 Hybrid, and other must-see models and technologies at the Canadian International Auto Show
The Toyota U2 Urban Utility concept will make its global auto show debut at the 2016 Canadian International AutoShow in Toronto.
(TORONTO, ONT. – Jan. 27, 2016) Toyota has developed a concept vehicle that perfectly suits today’s creative class of mobile entrepreneurs and Makers. Visit Toyota at this year’s 2016 Canadian International Auto Show and be among the first to see the Toyota U2 (“U Squared”), an urban utility concept making its global auto show debut at this year’s show, held from February 12-21 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
“From its retracting roof panels, to its uniquely configurable utility rail system, the U2 offers a concept vehicle that is only limited by the imagination,” says Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc. “Our North American design team left no stone unturned in masterfully creating a concept vehicle that truly embodies the spirit of today’s Maker culture from the inside out.”
The U2 will make its global auto show debut alongside great company at this year’s CIAS, including:
- The all-new, 2016 Toyota Prius – on sale this winter
- The new 2016 Toyota RAV4 – including the first-ever RAV4 Hybrid
- The 2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Series pickup truck
- A totally tricked out Scion iM
- The Toyota Safety Sense and Toyota FT1 virtual reality simulators
- A number of other new or updated models for 2016,
These models join the full line-up of Toyota and Scion vehicles and technologies on display throughout the Canadian International Auto Show, running February 12-21, 2016. For more information on Toyota vehicles and technologies, visit www.toyota.ca
Accredited members of the media are invited to witness the global reveal of the Toyota U2 Urban Utility concept vehicle at the auto show’s Media Day:
- WHAT: Toyota U2 Urban Utility Concept vehicle – global auto show debut – plus 2016 Prius, RAV4 Hybrid, and more.
- WHERE: Canadian International Auto Show, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Toyota display (South building)
- WHEN: February 11, 2016 – 10:50 AM
- WHO: Stephen Beatty, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc., Andrew MacLachlan and Jin Kim, Calty Design Research, Toyota’s North American Design Hub
For further information or to set up interviews:
On site in Toronto (February 11th):
PR Manager, Toyota Canada Inc.
PR Consultant, Toyota Canada Inc.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.9 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca. For a high-resolution image of the