, Ont. — We are just a few days away from Media Preview Day at the 2020 Canadian International AutoShow.
The day provides a first glimpse at 38 Canadian premieres, including 32 on the formal Media Preview Day tour. (For a full Media Preview Day schedule, please click here
.) Media Day is co-presented by KPMG, Canadian Black Book and Castrol.
“KPMG is proud to once again sponsor the country’s largest consumer show,” says Peter Hatges, Partner and National Sector Lead, Automotive, KPMG in Canada. “This is an exciting time for the auto industry, as electric vehicles begin to redefine the driving experience, and radically reshape how and where they’re made. Canada can really play a leading role in this transformation.”
To prepare for Media Preview Day, here are a few things you need to know:
MEDIA OFFICE HOURS
- A link to access your media badges has been emailed out to accredited media. If you have registered and been approved, and haven’t received your badge yet, please check your junk/spam folder.
- You have the option of printing out your media badge at home and bringing it with you or checking in at one of our media offices where we can print it off for you.
- Lanyards will be available on site.
- If you haven’t registered yet, but are interested in attending Media Preview Day, you can apply for accreditation at ca/media-registration.
- Please bring your ID with you. Our staff will be asking to see your ID if you are picking up your badge on site, and security may do spot checks to ensure you are who your media badge says you are.
- There will be two media registration stations on Media Preview Day — in the North in Room 204, just off the Front Street entrance to the right; and in the South in Room 606, just inside the entrance from the south parking garage and to the left.
- There are working spaces for media in each of these registration rooms, if required.
- Parking for accredited media will be available in both the north and south parking garages of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Please pick up a parking pass in either media office – NOTE THE OFFICE HOURS BELOW.
- A shuttle bus service is available on Media Preview Day to ferry media between the North to the South Buildings.
- Please, no children are allowed at the AutoShow on Media Preview Day.
On Media Preview Day:
- North Building — Open at 7 am and close at 4:30 pm
- South Building — Open at 7 am and close at 3 pm
During the public days of the AutoShow:
- North Building — Open at 10 am and close at 5 pm
- There will be no media office in the south building after Media Preview Day.
Media begins with a breakfast at 7 am in the lobby of the John Bassett Theatre (North Building, 100 Level) and the opening ceremony is slated to begin at 7:50 am.
Following the formal media tour, you are invited to join us for a cocktail reception in Auto Exotica (North Building, 100 Level). The day’s final event will begin with special presentations at 3:10 p.m., and the reception will commence at 3:30 p.m.On February 14th at 10 am, there will be a special announcement made by Natural Resources Canada and Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry Minister Navdeep Bains at the NRC display on the 300 Level.
For more information or to buy tickets, please visit autoshow.ca
. Media accreditation to the 2020 AutoShow is now online and can be requested at autoshow.ca/media-registration
Stay connected with the Canadian International AutoShow on Instagram @cdnintlautoshow
, Twitter @autoshowcanada
and Facebook /autoshowcanada
.About the Canadian International AutoShow, presented by The Toronto Star and wheels.ca
With more than 650,000 square feet of exhibits, displays and attractions at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and annual attendance of 360,000, the Canadian International AutoShow is not only the largest automotive expo in Canada, it is also the country’s largest consumer show — a leader in lifestyle, technology and all things automotive. It boasts more than 1,000 cars, trucks, SUVs, concept cars, exotics, classics, muscle cars, fully electric and autonomous vehicles each year.
— 30 —
For more information, please contact: